Wed, 29 Sep.
The press conference was held at CETDEM’s Organic Farming Community Centre, located in a double-storey corner lot terrance house at Section 19 Petaling Jaya.
Mr Gurmit Singh, CETDEM Chairman, gave a brief history of CETDEM and the focus areas (Organic Farming, Climate Change, Energy, Transport) while Ms Tan Siew Luang, CETDEM Organic Farming Project Coordinator, spoke about slow food and its relationship with organic lifestyle. (Consumption of slow and organic food also promotes reduction in Greenhouse Gas emissions as there is an emphasis on use of local produce)
The purpose of having the 25th Anniversary Fund Raising Slow Food Organic Dinner is many-fold.
- to celebrate 25 years of CETDEM’s existence and contribution to environmental conservation
- to bring more awareness of slow food and that organic and vegetarian food is be both tasty and nutritious
- as fund raising effort towards establishing a RM1,000,000 fund for a Sustainable Development Think Tank.
3 Chefs were on hand to give short presentations on the menu they have jointly developed for the Dinner.
- Ms June Ka Lim, Executive Chef and Owner of Woods Eco-cuisine
- Ms Sherene Soong, Director and Head Chef of Ecogreen Organic Restaurant
- Ms Mohana Rosie Gill, author of Fruitastic (Gourmand World Cook Book Award 2007 – special jury award) & Vegemania (Gourmand World Cook Book Award 2008 – Best Vegetarian Book in the World)
Also at the press conference were
- Mr Anthony Tan, CETDEM Exec Dir
- Chef Gary Lim from Parkroyal KL
CETDEM Director Mr Charles Tan was handling photography.
CETDEM volunteers Ms Pook Li Yoon and Ms Tan Joo Lan were also present.
The press conference was followed by food tasting session.